Thank you for your interest in becoming a Host Family!
Host Families must agree to offer a Swedish student (1) a private room; (2) three meals a day; (3) transportation to and from Santa Rosa Junior College, Monday through Thursday.
The application process is simple.
- Fill out the APPLICATION here and click Submit at the bottom of the page to send an email with the application attached. ALL HOST FAMILIES MUST SUBMIT AN APPLICATION, INCLUDING THOSE WHO HAVE HOSTED IN THE PAST.
- Your application will be carefully reviewed to ensure all criteria are met. If you have never hosted before, the Faculty Coordinator, Melissa Kort, will set up a brief home visit to discuss the program, meet you and members of your family, and view the accommodations.
- Once your application is approved, you’ll be given the password that provides access to the students’ photos, letters, and videos to help you choose a “shortlist” of those whom you would most like to host.
- You will be contacted by the Faculty Coordinator to discuss your student selection, to learn any additional information she has gathered from meeting and interviewing the students, and to finalize your choice. Selections are offered in the order in which applications have been received.
- WHEN ALL HOST FAMILIES ARE CONFIRMED, and students assigned, you’ll be given the student’s email and asked to contact him or her to introduce yourself. Please, do not try to contact your student before confirmation that all placements have been made.
- Save the date, February 24, 2018, for the Host Family orientation. At least one member of each family should attend, including those who have hosted in the past.
If you have any questions about this process, please feel free to call or email me.
I look forward to having you in the program!