In order for us to make the best matches possible between host families and students, I have established the following process:
- Host families fill out an application and click Submit at the bottom. That will generate an email to me with the application attached.
- I will review the application to ensure that all criteria are met and that the family seems to be a good fit for the program.
- I will contact the family and make arrangements for a brief, in-home visit. The purpose of the visit is for me to meet as many household members as possible, answer any questions the family may have, help them to come to a decision about which student they'd like to host (often we ask that the family choose 2 or 3 at this point so that there is some flexibility in placements), and the family can show me where the student will be staying.
- I'll notify the family about the status of their acceptance into the program. Those accepted will be given the password that will allow them to read the letters and watch the videos of the students who will come that year. I will let them know which students I think they might want to pay special attention to.
- Once all the students have been matched with families, both the students and the host families will be given each others' contact information so introductions can be made and relationships begun.
If you have any questions about this process, please feel free to call or email me.
I look forward to having you in the program!
Swedish Program Coordinator
707-527-4999 ext. 5396